1 YEAR WARRANTY AGREEMENT
SBU (Self Balancing Unicycle)
This agreement outlines the WARRANTY coverage supplied by Focus Designs, Inc., hereinafter to be called the “COMPANY” to the “USER” which is defined as an individual who has purchased the SBU (hereinafter to be called the “PRODUCT”) in a retail establishment or via an online storefront as approved by the COMPANY or a COMPANY-authorized service representative.
The COMPANY warrants that the PRODUCT will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months. If the PRODUCT proves defective AND a claim is filed during the warranty period, the COMPANY, at its option, will:
- Repair the PRODUCT by means of telephone support, email support, or by providing service at no charge for parts or labor,
- replace the PRODUCT with a comparable PRODUCT which may be new or refurbished, or,
- refund the original amount paid for the PRODUCT, less a reasonable allowance for usage, upon its return.
The COMPANY recommends the USER first utilize support materials shipped with the PRODUCT, PRODUCT diagnostics, information contained on the Internet, and email support. If unsuccessful, to obtain service under this WARRANTY the USER must notify the COMPANY or its authorized service representative of the defect BEFORE the expiration of the warranty period.
The USER will provide appropriate assistance to Telephone Support or Email Support personnel to resolve issues. If support is unsuccessful, the COMPANY or its authorized service representative will instruct the USER on how to receive warranty repair.
The COMPANY reserves the right to charge for services in exception cases.
If the USER’s PRODUCT contains features that enable the COMPANY or its authorized service representatives to diagnose and repair the problems with the PRODUCT remotely, the COMPANY may request that the USER allow such remote access to the PRODUCT.
In the maintenance of the PRODUCT, the COMPANY may use new or equivalent parts, assemblies, or products for equal or improved quality. All defective parts, assemblies, and PRODUCTS become the property of the COMPANY. The COMPANY may require the return of parts, assemblies and PRODUCT to a designated COMPANY depot or to the COMPANY representative from which the part, assembly, or PRODUCT was originally purchased. Return and claims will be handled according to the COMPANY procedure. USER shall be responsible for shipping the PRODUCT to the COMPANY or COMPANY-authorized service representative. COMPANY or COMPANY-authorized representative shall handle warranty shipping back to the USER.
These warranties shall not apply to any defect, failure or damage caused by improper use or improper or inadequate maintenance and care. The COMPANY shall not be obligated under this warranty:
- a) to repair damage resulting from attempts by personnel other than the COMPANY or COMPANY-authorized representatives to install, repair or service the PRODUCT unless directed by the COMPANY or a COMPANY-authorized representative,
- b) to repair damage, malfunction, or degradation of performance resulting from improper use or connection to incompatible or non-COMPANY produced equipment,
- c) to repair an item that has been modified or integrated with other products when the effect of such modification or integration increases the time or difficulty of servicing the PRODUCT or degrades performance or reliability,
- d) to perform user maintenance or cleaning or to repair damage, malfunction, or degradation of performance resulting from failure to perform user maintenance and cleaning as prescribed in published PRODUCT materials,
- e) to repair damage, malfunction, or degradation of performance resulting from use of the PRODUCT in an environment not meeting the operating specifications set forth in the user manual,
- f) to repair damage, malfunction, or degradation of performance resulting from failure to properly prepare and transport the PRODUCT as prescribed in published product materials
- g) to replace items that have been abused, misused, or tampered with in any way;
- h) to install replacement items that are considered USER replaceable (ie. tube, tire, seat,seat post, seat post clamps, nuts, bolts, screws)
- i) to provide software or firmware updates or upgrades.
Any service identified in the above list and provided by the COMPANY at the USER’s request shall be invoiced to USER by the COMPANY or COMPANY-authorized service with current rates for parts, labor and travel.
The warranty and the remainder of the coverage time period shall be transferrable to any individual person who is in legal possession of the PRODUCT from the original USER. Proof of purchase, date of purchase from original USER, and documentation proving that the PRODUCT was purchased in working condition must be provided along with any warranty claims. If the aforementioned items cannot be provided along with the warranty claim then the COMPANY, on a good-will basis, will consider the case and the COMPANY shall not be liable for covering the warranty.
THE ABOVE WARRANTIES ARE GIVEN BY THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT AND ITS RELATED ITEMS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE COMPANY AND ITS VENDORS DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY SIMILAR STANDARD IMPOSED BY APPLICABLE LEGISLATION. THE COMPANY’S RESPONSIBILITY TO REPAIR, REPLACE, OR OFFER A REFUND FOR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS AND RELATED ITEMS IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY PROVIDED TO THE CUSTOMER FOR BREACH OF THESE WARRANTIES.
Some states, provinces, and countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or exclusions or limitations on the duration of implied warranties or conditions, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary by state, province, or country.